Monday, May 20, 2013

ART AND POETRY - MAURICE UTRILLO AND THE CONFUSION OF THE ALCOHOLISM PART 1



I would like to join my poetry with some artwork and give a picture to my verses ... I chose one of my favorite painters, namely Maurice Autrillo.

He was the son of the great painter Suzanne Valadon and He had  from his life more than one bitterness so to dim the pain, like many of us,  took refuge in the warmth of the bottle.
To tell the truth, his addiction was caused initially by his grandmother who was frightened by seizure of his nephew and tried to calm his crisis using alcohol .
This caused him serious problems all over his life.
I begin today to tell his story combining it with some of his most beautiful paintings

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be a very interesting beginning. I will play catch up and continue reading more on Maurice Utrillo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete